Senior Architect – Manukau
Location: Cato Bolam - Manukau Office
Cato Bolam are a medium-sized consultancy providing surveying, engineering, planning, architectural and environmental services from our offices in Henderson, Manukau, Orewa and Whangarei. We specialise in land development and are involved in a wide range of projects throughout Auckland and Northland.
Cato Bolam seeks an experienced architect to take a leadership role in our expanding team.
Our Architecture team is based in our Henderson office, and we’re looking for a registered architect, senior graduate ready to register, or senior technician to work in our Manukau office to service our growing clientele in South Auckland.
We need someone who can:
- Provide advice to clients about options for development of their site – including the production of innovative concepts that meet our clients’ aspirations,
- Complete plans, elevations, and renders for resource consent applications,
- Complete detailed drawings to obtain building consents,
- Carry out site observations and contract administration.
You must be able to:
- Work on your own, and manage other staff,
- Build relationships with clients and consultants, and have excellent communication skills (both verbal and visual),
- Manage the architectural design process, including the production of detailed documentation for a wide range of projects, including the engagement and co-ordination of consultants,
- Prioritise work streams and meet project timelines,
- Bring a positive ‘can-do’ attitude to every project.
We expect the successful applicant will have:
- An appropriate architecture or draughting qualification, and preferably be a Registered Architect or LBP,
- At least five years’ New Zealand experience,
- A demonstrated knowledge of the NZ Building Code, Building Act, and the Auckland Unitary Plan,
- An excellent knowledge of how to use CAD systems for design and detailing (Archicad knowledge preferred).
What We Offer
The package we offer will reflect the level of responsibility of the position, and the skills and experience of the person we employ.
Cato Bolam’s architecture team works closely with the company’s other disciplines, which provides both a dynamic work environment and high-quality outcomes for our clients. We offer ongoing career development, a variety of projects, and a professional and friendly work environment.
If this role interests you, please send your application and CV to:
Cato Bolam Consultants Ltd
APPLICANTS Please note: If you are being presented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Cato Bolam.
THIRD PARTY AGENCIES Please note that CATO BOLAM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, CATO BOLAM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CATO BOLAM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of CATO BOLAM