Landscape Architect – Discipline Lead
Cato Bolam is a leading professional consultancy providing start-to-end solutions for housing, land development, subdivision and infrastructure projects. Our company purpose is “Creating Great Places” and that is what we strive to achieve – for our clients, our communities, and our environment.
Cato Bolam seeks an experienced landscape architect to take a leadership role in establishing a new landscape architecture discipline to complement our existing land development services.
This is an extremely rare opportunity to have the ability to set up your own discipline with the backing of an established company and existing client base. This position will suit a motivated and talented individual looking to take the next leap in their career.
We specialise in urban and rural development of all scales, which combined with a wide catchment from our four offices, offers a large variety of projects.
As we are a multidisciplinary company offering integrated project solutions, you will rub shoulders with specialists in all things land development and be offered the opportunity to work in a more collaborative environment to deliver projects to a high standard.
Cato Bolam, established in 1972, is a multi-disciplined professional service business and our team of 90+ located across four offices in Auckland and Northland has a proud reputation for delivering high quality services and outcomes.
You should have an appropriate Landscape Architecture qualification and preferably be a Registered Landscape Architect.
We need someone who can:
- Establish the Landscape Architecture division of our company with the design philosophy of “Creating Great Places”
- Work in a collaborative manner with our Architects, Engineers, Planners and Surveyors bringing your design flair to our projects
- Complete landscape plans for a wide range of projects
- Undertake landscape and visual assessments of developments
You must be able to:
- Build relationships with clients, consultants and Council and have excellent communication skills (both verbal and visual)
- Manage the landscape design process, including the production of detailed documentation for a wide range of projects
- Prioritise work streams and meet project timelines
- Bring a positive ‘can do” attitude to every project.
- Provide Urban Design advice would be an added advantage
What we offer
A career at Cato Bolam gives the opportunity to be part of a team of professionals in a supportive work environment delivering great places. We are committed to investing in our people, provide personal development plan support and mentoring to help you grow and take the next step.
The package we offer will reflect the level of responsibility of the position, and the skills and experience of the person we employ. We offer ongoing career development, a variety of projects, and a professional and friendly work environment.
We have plenty of social activities, are proud of the company culture, our reputation and value each team members contribution.
Hours: Preferred hours are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday (flexibility an option)
Office location is flexible.
Benefits: Competitive Salary, subsidised employee health insurance, 50% paid gym membership and the opportunity to work with a great team.
If you possess all or most of the skills above and are keen to work on a wide range of projects delivering innovative and sustainable design solutions, please send your application, portfolio and CV to: