Senior Planner – Henderson
Location: Cato Bolam - Henderson Office
Cato Bolam Consultants is a land development and planning consultancy with offices in Henderson, Orewa, Manukau and Whangarei. Our motto is “Creating Great Places” and that is what we aim to achieve – for our clients, our communities and our environment.
We are looking for a dynamic senior planner to be based in one of our Auckland offices. If you are highly skilled and want to progress your planning career to a senior level this may well be the job for you.
Cato Bolam is a well-established consultancy with highly qualified staff, state of the art technologies and procedures, and a great reputation. We offer a friendly, flexible working environment at office locations that are easy to get to.
This position will be based in one of our Auckland offices and will involve project managing planning inputs for our growing number of clients. The position covers a range of resource consents work, with a particular focus on residential redevelopment projects of all scales. Depending on your interests and skills there is also the opportunity to be involved in planning policy and plan change projects and giving evidence at hearings.
You will need to be a great communicator and have a high level of analytical and report writing skills. The salary package we offer will reflect the seniority of the and the experience and potential of the applicant
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of resource consents (including authorship of AEEs) ranging from simple to complex
- Advice to Cato Bolam Directors and other staff and to external clients (verbal and written) on planning provisions and processes relevant to development projects
- Working within Cato Bolam multi-disciplinary teams including giving specialist planning input
- Project management of individual consent processes (lead contact for clients, Cato Bolam representative at council meetings, etc)
- Liaison with outside consultants as required to assist in preparing consents / planning projects
- Presentation of evidence to Councils and the Environment Court
- Maintaining of Cato Bolam quality systems, including applying knowledge of the Company Code of Conduct and Ethics
The position requires at least a bachelor’s degree in planning and 6+ years New Zealand planning experience.
Additional skills you will have include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A willingness and ability to learn and apply new skills
- Ability to work and make decisions independently when needed
- A willingness to collaborate with large teams
- Ability to prioritise tasks among numerous projects
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to obtain full membership of the New Zealand Planning Institute
Hours: Preferred hours are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, however consideration will be given to applicants that prefer a part-time position.
Benefits: Competitive Salary, employee health insurance, 50% paid gym membership and the opportunity to work with a great team.
If you are ready for your next venture and would like the opportunity to join our team, apply now by forwarding your application to:
027 447 9248
APPLICANTS please note: If you are being presented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Cato Bolam.
THIRD PARTY AGENCIES Please note that CATO BOLAM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, CATO BOLAM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CATO BOLAM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of CATO BOLAM not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, CATO BOLAM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of CATO BOLAM.