Senior (Lead) Planner – Manukau
Cato Bolam Consultants is a land development and planning consultancy with offices in Henderson, Orewa, Manukau and Whangarei. Our motto is “Creating Great Places”, and that is what we aim to achieve – for our clients, our communities and our environment.
We are looking for a dynamic senior planner to lead the planning services provided from our Manukau office. If you are highly skilled and want to progress your planning career at a senior level this may well be the job for you.
Cato Bolam is a well-established consultancy with highly qualified staff, state of the art technologies and procedures, and a great team working environment.
Our Manukau offices are in the Manukau Town Centre. From there you will be our lead planner in project managing planning inputs for a rapidly growing number of clients. The position covers a range of resource consents work, with a particular focus on residential redevelopment projects of all scales. Depending on your interests and skills there is also the opportunity to be involved in planning policy and plan change projects and giving evidence at hearings.
You will need to be a great communicator and you will have a high level of analytical and report writing skills. The salary package we offer will reflect the seniority of the and the experience and potential of the applicant.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Lead planner for the giving of planning advice from the Manukau office.
- Preparation of resource consents (including authorship of AEEs) ranging from simple to complex.
- Advice to Cato Bolam Directors and other staff and to external clients (verbal and written) on planning provisions and processes relevant to development projects.
- Working within Cato Bolam multi-disciplinary teams including giving specialist planning input.
- Project management of individual consent processes (lead contact for clients, Cato Bolam representative at council meetings, etc.)
- Liaison with outside consultants as required to assist in preparing consents / planning projects.
- Presentation of evidence to Councils and the Environment Court.
- Maintaining of Cato Bolam quality systems, including applying knowledge of the Company Code of Conduct and Ethics.
The position requires at least a bachelor’s degree in planning and 6+ years New Zealand (preferably Auckland-based) planning experience.
Additional skills you will have include:
- Ability to lead projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A willingness and ability to learn and apply new skills
- Ability to work and make decisions independently when needed
- A willingness to collaborate with large teams
- Ability to prioritise tasks among numerous projects
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to obtain full membership of the New Zealand Planning Institute
Location: Manukau Central
Hours: Preferred hours are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, however consideration will be given to applicants that prefer a part-time position.
Benefits: Competitive Salary, employee health insurance, 50% paid gym membership and the opportunity to work with a great team.
If you are ready for your next venture and would like the opportunity to join our team, apply now by forwarding your application to:
027 447 9248