Location: Cato Bolam - Manukau Office
Cato Bolam Consultants is a land development and planning consultancy with offices in Henderson, Orewa, Manukau and Whangarei. Our company goal is “Creating Great Places” and that is what we strive to achieve – for our clients, our communities and our environment.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious senior planner to be based in our Manukau office. If you are highly skilled and want to progress your planning career to a senior level this may well be the job for you.
Cato Bolam is a well-established consultancy with highly qualified staff, state of the art technologies and procedures, and a great reputation. We offer a friendly, flexible working environment at office locations that are easy to get to. The salary package is attractive, and targeted at the experience and potential of the applicant. The position will be based at our Manukau office and will involve project managing planning inputs for our growing number of South Auckland clients
Your work will include a range of land use and subdivision resource consents, with a focus on residential redevelopment projects of all scales. Depending on your interests and skills there is also the opportunity to be involved in planning policy and plan change work and giving evidence at hearings. You will need to have the ability or potential to lead teams, be a great communicator, and have a high level of analytical and report writing skills.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of resource consents (including authorship of AEEs) ranging from simple to complex
- Advice to Cato Bolam Directors and other staff and to external clients (verbal and written) on district plan and regional plan provisions relevant to development projects and giving advice
- Working within Cato Bolam multi-disciplinary teams including giving specialist planning input
- Project management of individual consent processes (lead contact for clients, Cato Bolam representative at council meetings, etc)
- Projects with a planning emphasis, e.g. district plan submissions
- Liaison with outside consultants as required to assist in preparing consents / planning projects
- Presentation of evidence to Councils and the Environment Court
- Liaison with Directors to provide cost estimates, cashflow analysis and accounts
- Maintaining of Cato Bolam quality systems, including maintaining and applying knowledge of the Company Objectives and Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Regular reporting to our Manukau Director and the Director – Planning
For this position you should have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Planning and 6+ years New Zealand planning experience, preferably including experience at a New Zealand territorial local authority
Additional skills you will have include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A willingness and ability to learn and apply new skills
- Ability to work and make decisions independently when needed
- A willingness to collaborate with the larger team
- Ability to prioritise tasks among numerous projects
- Ability to obtain full membership of the New Zealand Planning Institute
Location: Manukau Central
Hours: Preferred hours are 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, however consideration will be given to applicants that prefer a part-time position
Benefits: Competitive Salary, employee health insurance, 50% paid gym membership and the opportunity to work with a great team.
If you are ready for your next venture and would like the opportunity to join our team, apply NOW by forwarding your application to:
Peter Reaburn, Director
027 447 9248