About Cato Bolam
Cato Bolam provides professional services in all aspects of land subdivision, land development, civil engineering, resource management, statutory planning and ecology.
We work on commercial, residential and rural projects with land developers, architects and other consultancies and support services, councils and government agencies. Our offices are in Henderson, Orewa, Manakau and Whangarei.
Cato Bolam’s planners, surveyors and engineers are highly skilled problem solvers who understand the importance of time and clear communication.
We are familiar with government structures and processes, and are accustomed to supporting clients at council and other hearings.
We provide the following services to the private, corporate and public sectors:
- Land and subdivision development advice and information
- Resource consents – land use, subdivision and coastal consents
- Strategic, statutory and environmental planning
- Surveying and subdivisions
- Contaminated land assessment
- Civil engineering
- Ecological assessment
- Resource management
- Project planning, tendering and management.
Our philosophy and values
Cato Bolam has established a sound reputation for delivering quality services and reliability. We provide clients with the best possible value with the least possible risk.
We use the latest technology to help achieve our high standards of efficiency and accuracy, and we are committed to continuing professional development.
Most of the projects we deliver will be around for a long time and, together with our clients, we want to leave a legacy that we can be proud of.
Cato Bolam was formed by the merger of Cato Consultants and Bolam & Associates in January 2001.
Our experience in surveying, planning, and land development engineering dates from the early 1970s. We have offices in Henderson, Orewa, Maukau (in Auckland) and Whangarei.
Cato Bolam staff are highly experienced and qualified, including accreditation through the NZ Institute of Surveyors, NZ Planning Institute and the Institute of Professional Engineers NZ.
Our team includes:
- Registered Professional Surveyors and Licensed Cadastral Surveyors who are specialists in all aspects of surveying and land development
- Chartered Engineers and Registered Professional Surveyors with advanced experience in all aspects of land development engineering
- Stormwater and Low Impact Design specialists
- Resource and Statutory Planners with extensive knowledge and experience at delivering multiple consents on complex projects, including through council and Environment Court hearings.
- Highly experienced Hearings Commissioner and RMA mediator
- Ecologists experienced in bush, stream and wetland assessment and provision of restoration and management advice
- Environmental scientist experienced in contaminated land assessment
To meet our directors and principals, see Our team